Federal HVAC Credit
The Federal HVAC credit was not renewed for 2017. In the interest of public awareness we are maintaining this page, and will update it in the future if the Federal HVAC credit is ever renewed. For our customers looking for a means to make their HVAC purchase more affordable, please check our promotions and financing pages. Thank you!
Accessible for Equipment Purchased and Installed between 2012 – 2016
The U.S. government renewed the 25C tax credit for high-efficiency heating and cooling equipment in 2015. This credit is proposed as part of a greater enticement for home energy-efficiency improvements.
What It Covers
• Equipment installed in a current home and in your main residence; new construction or rentals do not apply
• Up to 10 percent of the cost to $500, or a specific amount from $50 to $300
• If you obtained $500 or more for enhancements to the exterior of your home (i.e. windows, skylights, doors, roofing, insulation) from 2006 to 2014, your HVAC sale made between 2012-2016 will not be adequate
• If you claimed $500 or less, you may be eligible for a credit, but you may not get the maximum amount specified
$300 maximum credit offered for eligible central air conditioners, heat pumps, packaged units and ductless mini-split systems
• $150 maximum credit accessible for qualified furnaces and boilers